I treated myself Comicbase Pro the other night and are looking forward to finally entering all my comics into a DB. I purchased the Pro verion as I'd like to batch process all the comics rather then entering them manually.
I found a Motorola Symbol LS2208 USB barcode scanner at work, so would like to try using this. I plugged it into my PC and it seems to have setup OK.
When I open Comicbase -> Batch -> Add Comic to Inventory and scan a barcode into the Comic ID field, then a number populates the field. However when I select Lookup, it just gives me a massive list of comics. So I guess it isn't scanning properly.
I'm using FF 555 to test this and when I scan the barcode, it enters 75960604456 but looking at the barcode, there is an extra barcode and number after the main one with the number 55511. Does it need to scan this also?
Anyone have any suggestions to point us in the right direction?
You'll need to configure the scanner to read those last set of numbers. They're essential to getting the comic to scan properly. Since you're using a different scanner model than what we sell, you'll need to consult the user manual or contact the Motorola's tech support dept.
I use a LS2208 USB scanner to add my comics. It's been years since I programmed it. I set it to scan barcodes 12, 12+2 and 12+5 UPC's using the manual. Might have done some other settting but these were the main ones
Apologies for the late reply and thank you very much for the response to my query. You advice was spot on. A quick Google search of the ones you recommended and the scanner now works perfectly in Comicbase.