I'm not entirely sure how this would work. But, I'm wondering if there could be the option for the buyer to check something that tells the seller to wait for confirmation before sending the order if the seller cannot fulfill the entire order as placed.
Consider the following scenario:
Seller offers free shipping at $40. Seller is offering a comic that buyer really wants for $35. So buyer orders that and a $5 book much further down in priority on the buyer's want list only to get the free shipping. Seller for whatever reason cancels the $35 book.
In this situation, if I were the buyer, I would want the entire order canceled.
So I'm thinking as a possible option something that allows me as the buyer to indicate if I want the seller to wait for my approval before proceeding if the seller needs to adjust the order in any way (regrade a comic, adjust the quantity ordered, etc.). As the buyer, I would get a message saying that the seller wants to adjust the order (complete with details on the proposed adjustments) and then I would have the option to proceed or to cancel the order in full.
If for any reason you are unable to fulfill an entire order, you should contact the buyer ASAP and discuss. I wouldn't just send the remaining part of the order without communicating with the buyer first.
The buyer and seller have access to each other's contact info, and the scenario you describe is a perfect example of when it should be used.
CB Archive Edition 2017 (v19.0.8) Windows 7 64 bit inside Parallels Desktop 12.2.0 running on Mac OS X 10.11.6 18/23 badgesComics have eaten my brain. But they're still hungry, and you can help. Please help find a home for some brain-hungry comics.